knot another hat

adventures in owning a hip and knitworthy yarn store

7.15.2006

And the race is on! Sizzle sauciness. . .

No time to blog, and this is why:

I'm bound and determined to knit Sizzle in time for a wedding I am going to attend next Saturday. Yup, you read it right. Six days to Sizzling Sauciness. Can I do it? We'll see. I'm using Noro Lily (cotton/silk blend), and I swatched on the recommended US7s but needed to go up to an 8. (No comments from the peanut gallery about the miniscule size of my swatch - I'm in a hurry damnit!) And this is my progress to date on the Garter Cami, as well as a terrible shot of the package I just mailed out to my One Skein pal. Since you really can't see it, I'll tell you what's in it: Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Lupine, 2 Prym (Inox) 16 circulars in size US1, and my original pattern for knitting socks on two circulars. She hasn't ever finished a pair of socks, so I thought this might give her some inspiration. I also put in a really cute handmade book that my sister made.

Time to sizzle!

2 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Blogger meg said...

I am going to have to check out that Sizzle pattern..it looks like a good one! (Then I can buy the yarn for it from you!) I would love to take a peek at your secret way of making socks on 2 circ's...I have yet to try that method. Oh, the fun we will have when I visit!!

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger meg said...

I downloaded Sizzle today. Are you liking how the Noro Lily knits up for Sizzle? I will have to decide on a color now...fun, fun!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home