knot another hat

adventures in owning a hip and knitworthy yarn store

6.29.2006

Sock Kit Swap Questionnaire

Hi Sock Kit Pal! I'm sorry I've been so delinquent in getting this done. No more procrastinating:

The Questionnaire:
What are your favorite colors?

I'm into greens right now, although I can get excited about almost any color.

Are you a new sock knitter? How long have you been knitting socks?
Yes, but I jumped in with both feet. I was a sock-knitting-hold-out, thinking that they weren't worth my time, until my sock teacher quit. I needed to teach myself to do socks on 2 circulars so I could teach the sock class at the store, so I grabbed Cat Bordhi's book and some traditional sock patterns and set to it. That was January, and I've since knit about 12 1/2 pairs of socks, some patterned, some plain.

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?
Either.

What fibers do you prefer in sock yarn?
Wool blends, cotton blends, whatever.

Where do you usually knit socks?
Here at the store, in the car, at home watching TV, in the airport, where don't I knit socks?

How do you usually carry/store small projects?
In my purse/bag.

What are your favorite sock knitting patterns?
I don't think I have any favorites. I loved the Embossed Leaves socks from Interweave Knits, and I love everything in the Sensational Knitted Socks book.

What are your favorite sock knitting techniques?
I am definitely a cuff-down, heel-flap girl. I've tried toe-up, and I've done the hourglass (or shortrow) heel, but I always go back to my standby.

What new techniques would you like to try?
Um, I think I would like to try 2 socks at once just to say I've done it, but probably not as a permament change.

Do you prefer circulars or dpns for sock knitting?
Absolutely circulars.

What are some of your favorite yarns?
For socks? Opal, Mountain Colors, Koigu, Socks That Rock, Steinbache Wolle, Lorna's Laces.

What yarn do you totally covet?
Anything that I don't carry in the store, because that means it's just for me (and not a future store model).

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object?
I'd love to knit my way through both the Knitting Vintage Socks and Sensational Knitted Socks books.

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)?
Addi Turbos.

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack?
Ooh. Let's see. Chocolate is always a favorite, but not so practical in warm weather. Gummy bears are yummy. Love Gardettos, too.

Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages?
I have one cat, Persian, Elsie, 8 years old.

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?
A cherry orchard in early September.

Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read.
De hombres es equivocarse; de locos persistir en el error. -Marco Tulio Cicerón. (It is human to err; it is fools who persist in the error.)

Do you have a wishlist?
Yes, link on the right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home