knot another hat

adventures in owning a hip and knitworthy yarn store

5.19.2006

Thank you thank you thank you!

Hey Supa Dupa Secret Pal!!!

Thank you so much for this!


And how timely it is - I'll need some pampering after dealing all day with this:


Ask me how many times I bound off, took it out, and bound off again. Go ahead, ask.

Five. Being that these were toe-up socks, a loose bindoff is key to, oh, say, getting the sock over my foot.

1) bound-off: too tight. 2) tried to be "consciously" looser: too tight. 3) went up 2 needle sizes and bound off: too tight. 4) did Cat Bordhi's suggestion for a looser bind off by picking up a stitch between each stitch and binding it off: lettuce-leaf-edge too loose.

Then I screamed a bit, cried, ate a cookie, contemplated living with the lettuce edge, decided it would bug the crap out of me, and took it out again.

5) combined regular bind-off with picking up an extra "tweener" stitch every 3 stitches: and viola.

I can live with it. Now on to #2.

And THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to my supa dupa secret pal for making my day! :)

1 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, Blogger LavenderSheep said...

I think the socks look awesome! Number 2 will be all the easier.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home