knot another hat

adventures in owning a hip and knitworthy yarn store

5.03.2006

SP8 Questionnaire Extraordinaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Oh boy. I love all flavors of sock yarn. I don't use a ton of novelty stuff, but that doesn't mean I don't necessarily like it. About the only thing I never use is good 'ole acrylic.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have a couple Ashland Sky clear needle storage bags that work really well.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I have only been knitting for about 3 years, but I've covered a lot of ground in that time. I have a yarn store now, and I would consider myself to be an advanced knitter.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

No, but I should! Does etsy do wishlists? I'll have to check that out.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Lavender, straight up.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Oh my. 10 lbs since Christmas? I'd say I have a sweet tooth. Chocolate always does the trick.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I used to be a serious scrapbooker, but since I started knitting I haven't done jack in that department. I pretty much knit knit knit. And I don't spin, yet.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I love just about all kinds of music. I have extremely ecclectic tastes, and especially love indie stuff. I love listening to KXCI online, which is an independent radio station out of Tucson. Oh, and yes to MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

I've always had a very stand-offish relationship with color. I don't think I have a favorite, and choosing colors is always more of an instinctive thing than a deliberate thing for me. But, I have been in a green place for quite a while now...

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I am married and have an almost-3-yr-old daughter. We have one long-haired cat,
Elsie.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Sorry to be a cliche, but I HATE ponchos. Can't stand 'em. I do wear scarves, and only wear hats when I'm out in the snow or really inclement weather.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Sweaters and socks.

13. What are you knitting right now?

Socks and sweaters. And one lace shawl.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Love 'em.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

addi Turbos, baby.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Both.

17. How did you learn to knit?

My mother-in-law forced me to learn when I was pregnant and on bedrest and had nowhere to run and hide. :) I say that very tongue-in-cheek, because she obviously saw some kind of potential in me that I never would have known was there. And now? It's my life and career, and I couldn't love her more for it.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?

A baby blanket out of cheap yarn started almost exactly one year ago.

19. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas, hands down. And then maybe Halloween, for the great decor and
parties.

20. Is there anything that you collect?

No, I'm really trying to simplify my life right now. (Oh, you mean besides yarn? I do collect yarn. But that's how I ended up with a yarn store. So.)

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I get Vogue and Knits here in the store. I always, always love knitting books. I don't have the One Skein book yet, and it looks fun. Also, The Sweater Workshop is on my list, Folk Socks, ummm, maybe I do need an Amazon wishlist.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I haven't tried steeking yet...but I'm not sure if I'm emotionally ready for it. Oh - instarsia. Haven't mastered that yet.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

You know, I wasn't until about 4 months ago: what the hell was wrong with me? I love knitting socks. My foot is 9" long, and 8" around.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

09/12.

2 Comments:

At 4:58 AM, Blogger starrypurplehaze said...

Hey Sarah...could you please respond to my email where I sent your SP8 match? I just want to make sure you received it.

Thanks!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger starrypurplehaze said...

I had to send you a new match, which is why I ask, by the way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home