knot another hat

adventures in owning a hip and knitworthy yarn store

4.20.2006

What is the matter with me?


OK. So yesterday I swatched for the Seta sweater and was all set to get started. What did I do? I started Lady Eleanor, the entrelac shawl from Scarf Style. I know she's been done to death, but I've always had my eye on her, and well, I've never done entrelac. And a customer came in who needed help with an entrelac tam, and I couldn't do jack. I couldn't even tell where she was in the pattern, which made me feel so alien, so unlike myself, I just wasn't sure what to do. So I grabbed the book, some Noro Silk Garden in color 217, and next thing you know: here comes Eleanor.

I'm about 1 and 1/2 skeins in (out of probably 10 or so), and so far loving it. I finally understand entrelac (not that there's too much to understand), and I've even taught myself to knit backwards so I don't have to deal with all that turning. Whew! Good stuff! Now what's my last big knitting frontier, you ask? Steeking. So not ready for that. Yet.

New project, baby!

3 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

I've got that project in my stash -you make it look so easy! But first I must finish Marina,
Li

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger queen said...

I just started this in noro silk garden. My question is: what size needle did you use? What's your gauge? Cuz I don't think I'll get 14 sts = 4" somehow.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger sarah / knot another hat said...

Hi Isabel - I'm using 9s. I think I'm getting somewhere in the range of 2" per "block", which is 8 sts. So probably 14-16 sts=4". I'm not too worried about the gauge - I'm just hoping it's long enough at 9 balls so I can use the 10th for fringe... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home