knot another hat

adventures in owning a hip and knitworthy yarn store

5.09.2006

Retreat, mobius, Cat, socks, toilets and more...

I'm back!

This past weekend I went to the TNNA Retailer's Retreat in Denver and it was great! I met 35 or so other retailers from around the country and spent two days in class with none other than Cat Bordhi. Let me tell you - that woman is amazing. And a genius. She taught us the magic of the mobius, and I am in awe that her brain came up with a way to knit this mysterious mathematical abstraction. If you have not discovered the beauty of the mobius, I highly encourage you to grab up one of her books now. A mobius, if you didn't know, is a shape with only one surface and one edge. Chew on that for a while!

Cat patiently demonstrating mobius concepts to a bunch of people who by their nature are giving her a hard time. Below are my new friends Brigitte from Wooly Lamb in Chicago and Doni from Sip & Knit in Maitland, FL.

Knitting my mobius bag, pocket in progress, to be felted (in Cascade Pastaza).

And just in case you were curious (and come on, you know you were), here is the toilet in my hotel room.
Now look at that picture again and tell me where you are supposed to flush that thing?????

Oh, duh, by the sink, stupid. Everyone knows that.

And last but not least, here are the three pairs of socks that I finished on the trip.

I am hesitatingly putting these up, even though they are gifts for Mother's Day, and Mother's Day is not quite here. But I feel pretty confident that the intended recipients don't look at my blog, so...here they are. The purple pair are the Fritzy's socks I blogged about before; the pastel green/blue pair are my own slip-stitch design, and the bright striped pair are Lana Grossa Meilenweit Cotton Fun & Stripes. That brings me to 10 pairs of socks since I started knitting socks in January. Hmph!

2 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Cute socks, but that toilet is so weird! I have never seen anything like it before....

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Sara M said...

I know **I** always ask about the toilet ;D Cooool socks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home