knot another hat

adventures in owning a hip and knitworthy yarn store

4.17.2006

A man like mine.

So I took the Yarn Harlot's new book home with me over my special two day weekend, and I come to the following quote


I suspect that knitting is a little bit like religion; many are not currently "practicing." This would explain why you can always find yourself the only knitter at a cocktail party.

This has happened to me. About an hour into a recently-attended party, I whipped out Jason's Aktiv Effekt socks (posted in FOs but never discussed in a post). In a crowd full of St. Patty's beer drinkers we didn't know so well, I asked Jason if he was embarrassed that I was knitting at a party.

He leaned over and quietly said, No, I just wish I had mine with me.


That, ladies and gentlemen, is a man.

3 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, Blogger Emma said...

What a great story!

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger LavenderSheep said...

Have you come to the bit about yelling "Moths!" in a crowded area? Blair has been experimenting with it lately so be warned =)

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I cannot confirm nor deny the previous statement.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home