knot another hat

adventures in owning a hip and knitworthy yarn store

3.17.2006

More FOs, both mine and my husband's



The Men's Ribby Cardy in Manos. I got one sleeve done and joined to the body, and started the next sleeve, and that's about it. I have lost interest in the sweater in favor of socks, socks, socks. My socks list is about thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisss long and growing. I don't understand the obsession! Maybe I'm making up for lost time, since I only recently started knitting socks. But I'm headed to Tahoe this weekend, and what am I thinking about? Knitting socks on the plane. I have this irrational fear of the security folks taking away my addis and leaving me stranded. Won't happen.



So speaking of socks. Here are the finished Embossed Leaves Socks from Interweave, knit in Mountain Colors Bearfoot. And they are yummy. That's all I can say. Love 'em.



I hate sock pictures on the feet. They always make calves look big.



In other FO news, here are Jason's finished Felted Clog Slippers! Knit in Cascade 220 and Cascade EcoWool, for his dad. For Christmas. Last Christmas. But hey - it's the thought that counts! And to his credit, he went straight from learning to knit on a dishcloth to tackling this pattern, which includes knitting in the round, knitting short rows, 3-needle bind-offs, and more. He did swell. And he liked them so much after he felted them that he has started an adorable pair for our daughter. Pics of those to come soon. Also to come soon: pics my bright orange and pink socks in Lana Grossa Meilenweit Cotton Fun & Stripes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home