knot another hat

adventures in owning a hip and knitworthy yarn store

2.13.2006

Projects on Sabbatical: 2

The beautiful Embossed Leaves socks from the Winter 05 Interweave issue.


The store just recently received a new shipment of Mountain Colors Bearfoot, a yummy hand-dyed sock yarn consisting of 60% superwash wool, 25% mohair, and 15% nylon. I picked Ruby River, a deep red colorway, and the Embossed Leaves pattern from the winter Interweave. It is coming along beautifully, and I have to admit this was the project I most recently held in my hands before beginning the Olympics (so therefore the one I was most interested in). It didn't really need to go on sabbatical to learn about itself and its purpose, but it also didn't want to feel left out when all the other projects left.

This pattern was a little tricky for me after picking up the heel and beginning the gusset, mostly because I work on 2 circulars and have to re-interpret the pattern somewhat to keep the lace pattern where it should be and still count my shaping stitches correctly. But I love a good challenge, so yippee. I'll see you in 13 days socks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home