knot another hat

adventures in owning a hip and knitworthy yarn store

2.10.2006

Hello Olympics!


It's official, the 2006 Winter Knitting Olympics have begun! The torch is lit in Torino, which means we can all begin our 16 day quest to go completely insane. For me, insanity will come in the form of celtic cable knots, bias stitch hems, kangaroo pockets, and a hood, AKA the Rogue Hoody.

I got in early enough this morning to begin my training (read:wind yarn and knit my gauge swatch - YES - I did test gauge both flat and in the round), and accomplished the training so quickly that I became antsy and bored, waiting for the torch to be lit. The store was totally slow, so I started surfing the web, streaming NPR, basically wasting time. All of a sudden, I come across an article on CNN about the Opening Ceremony in Torino. Doh! The torch is lit. Crap, what am I doing surfing the web?????

And so it began.

I am mid-way through 13 rows of twisted stockinette, which I am finding surprisingly S L O W. But, I am determined to get through at least the bias hem facing this afternoon, and break into the exciting side cable charts and body work. Whew. Unlike Yvonne, I have NOT counted out the entire number of required rows for my project and calculated how many rows I must complete EACH day to finish on time. I am not that insane. I prefer to sip my nutsiness blindly, trying to do as much as possible each day until the last 48 hours, when I will knit until my fingers bleed, cry at my ineptitude, and probably get pissy with my husband for no reason at all (my apologies in advance).

Team KAH: Please send me pictures of your Olympic progress, and I will post updates on the blog.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home